To prevent the spread of COVID-19, case-management agencies will continue to accept new clients, but conduct all intake assessments exclusively over the phone. If you have any questions call Aging Connect at 212-AGING-NYC (212-244-6469). Visit the DOHMH website for coronavirus updates
Assessments help determine eligible services.
Need help with personal grooming or household chores? Are you unable to cook your meals? The Department for the Aging (DFTA) works with case-management agencies to provide in-home care for people age 60 and older.
A case manager/social worker will perform a phone assessment and later visit your home to coordinate services such as:
- The evaluation of your benefits
- Home-delivered meals
- Personal care such as bathing and dressing (Medicaid recipients are ineligible for this service.)
- Housekeeping (Medicaid recipients are ineligible for this service.)
- Counseling on long-term care issues
- DFTA's free Friendly Visiting Program with ThriveNYC
- Referrals to additional resources
Xổ số hỗn hợp hôm nayCase managers don't charge for their time, but depending on your income, you will be asked to pay a fee or to make a suggested contribution for some types of services.
Find a case-management agency near you or call 311.