As of December 13, 2018 the New York City Department of Transportation will no longer be selling parking cards on our website, by mail, or at Staten Island Ferry Terminal dispensing machines. Any mail orders by check will be returned after December 13.
Parking cards will still be accepted at parking meters throughout the city with no expiration date. ParkNYC is a better alternative payment method with all of its great features. For more information about ParkNYC visit
Using a Parking Card
Parking Cards do not expire and they are valid until the card balance is exhausted. Every time you use the Parking Card, your new balance will be displayed. You can use the card until the original value purchased is exhausted.
- Insert the card.
- The display will show the balance on the card.
- Press the blue button to add time.
- The display will show how much money is used, and the clock will display the expiration time.
- Select the amount of time you need, and press the green button to make the purchase. Take the receipt.
- The transaction can be cancelled at any time by pressing the red knob.
- Once you press the green (“Print) button the transaction is finished.
- Dispose of used cards properly in trash receptacles.
Paying with both Parking Cards and Coins
If your NYC Parking Card has a value lower than what is needed to park, the card value can be combined with coin or another parking card. Have the card and all needed coins ready at the beginning of the transaction. If more than 40 seconds passes between the card payment and the coin insertion, the payment will not be combined.
- Insert NYC Parking Card into the meter
- Press the blue button to deduct payment increments from card, until there is a zero balance
- Leave the card in the meter
- Meter will prompt you to “Continue” and Insert coins or parking card as needed to purchase the full amount of parking time desired
- Press the green button for receipt & Parking Card will be returned for your disposal
- Place the receipt on your dashboard
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Cards
Cards can be damaged if mistreated. Avoid exposure to high temperatures (leaving the card on the dashboard under a hot sun) and keep cards dry. Do not bend the card, peel away the protective coating or scratch the card chip with sharp objects. Cards are valuable; treat your card as you would treat your cash.
The City of New York is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged cards. Each Parking Card is thoroughly tested to ensure that it is operational and the dollar amount accurate before it is issued.
Xổ số hỗn hợp hôm nayInfrequently, grease or other materials can interfere with the communication between the card and the machine. If this should occur, wipe the gold colored chip embedded in the card with a soft cloth, and try again. If that doesn't work, try a different machine.